"EUROPE WITHOUT PREJUDICES"

Our school participates in the Comenius multilateral school partnerships action titled "Europe Without Prejudices". Schools from Germany, Estonia, Poland and Turkey are partners in this project too. The project is going to develop cultural knowledge and to diminish racism and xenophobia. It is to encourage students to exchange ideas and knowledge about their countries and it has a good opportunity to improve language skills as well as to increase the motivation of children and teachers. Exchanging traditions, ideas, opinions, methods, thoughts, cultures with their peers across Europe, our children will increase their knowledge about other European places and people. These unforgetable activities will make them aware of their identity. This is a natural way to overcome prejudices and ignorance in order to be able to regain self-esteem, and start to feel part of the same European community.



"ΙF ONLY..." (COMENIUS SONG)

Przemet

Przemet

Eleusina

Eleusina

Bafra

Bafra

Tartu

Tartu

Berlin

Berlin

April 20, 2011

OUR FIRST TRIP IN BERLIN - 9-16 / 4 / 2011 (part 4)




 Report written by Stavroula Athanasiadi 
   
   My experience from trip to Berlin is unforgettable. I have only remembered nice moments! I remember characteristically that my first reaction was a big WOW!!!

   The school was huge! I felt very confused in corridors but I have always had next to me very helpful friends like Saumi, Nima, Martin, Michael, Till. The activities that were held in the school place but and out of it, I consider helping us to eliminate every prejudice that we maybe had!!! 
   Another strong memory is sightseeing!!! The every museum and monument had its own unique story to tell; Berlin Dome, Brandenburg Gate, German Historical Museum, Pergamum Museum, Potsdam, T.V. Tower and of course my favorite zoo!!! The river Spree and Alexanderplatz were the places with which I fell in love!!! 
   It is so difficult to find something negative, all were wonderful! The last night with the traditional dances in our hostel was the top of that trip!!! We were laughing all the time!!! It was one special night because the next day the farewell's time had come! I remember that we had burst into tears! Particularly the Polish girls, who were so sensitive and cute!
   My trip to Berlin would be always in my heart!!! The best thing that happened to me was that i have made very good friends. Most of children were very kind with us but with some of them have a closer relationship! Well, I won't ever forget the Polish team with very sweet girls Ada, Jagoda, Claudia K. and Claudia W., the Turkish team with three awesome girls -Ummihan, Derya, Tsala- and their great dancer, Atakan, and last but not least my German friends Saumi, Nima, Martin, Michael, Till, Miguel H., Marian, Christian G.
   Many kisses to Berlin!!!








No comments:

Post a Comment